This meeting was called by Lily, Colleen, and Sandra, pursuant to Bylaw 3.3. Special Meetings: Special meetings of the Board may be called by the President and two Directors or by five Directors with appropriate notice. These meetings may either be open to members or be closed to all except the Board, consultants, witnesses, and such other persons as the Board may invite. Notice was provided to Board members and Officers via email on Friday, February 11. Members were notified of the meeting via the .net site and direct emails to all who have enrolled in meeting notifications, pursuant to Bylaw 4.4. Notice: Written notice for the annual meeting and regular or special business meetings of the Board shall be delivered by hand, by mail, or by email to each director at the address currently entered into the records of the Fair. Such notice shall be given not less than seven nor more than thirty days prior to the date of the meeting and shall set forth the time and place of the meeting. It is the responsibility of the individual director to provide the Secretary with correct mailing and email addresses. A director may waive notice of any meeting of the Board of Directors by submitting a written waiver of notice to the Secretary. Attendance of a director at any meeting of the Board of Directors shall constitute waiver of notice.
The Board will meet remotely via Zoom and the meeting will be availabe for viewing on a YouTube live stream.
Please only join Zoom if you want a chance to speak during member input, otherwise, view the meeting at YouTube. (click appropriate button below)
*Scroll down for agenda and motions*
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 929 3520 5008
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agdFFaVV7
Welcome Message (10 minutes; 7:00-7:10)
Agenda – review, amend, approve (approximately 5 minutes; 7:10-7:15)
Comments will be accepted on each motion during that discussion
- Addressing Current Issues with the Diversity Committee (Lily) (25 minutes for Member Input, 25 minute Board discussion; vote called at 8:05)
● Fact Finding on Diversity Committee Actions on December 6, 2021 (Spirit) (25 minutes for Member Input, 25 minute Board discussion; vote called at 8:55)
Meeting Evaluation – last round for the good of the peach; 30 seconds per speaker (5 minutes; 9:00)
Next Board Meeting – Monday, March 7, 2022, at 7pm, online
- Addressing Current Issues with the Diversity Committee (Lily)
There is much work to do to make the Oregon Country Fair more welcoming to members of marginalized communities. This work requires a collaborative working relationship between the Diversity Committee, Board, Officers and the Membership. Incidents at the December 6th Board Meeting require that the Board respond in an equitable way to improve committee processes.
- The Board directs Board Liaisons to ensure that all Committees follow the most current Committee Best Practices Manual essentials and recommended practices.
- A Board Liaison will be present at committee meetings. All committee open meetings held online will be recorded, the recording to be held by the Board President and available for Board Members by request, and used for the sole purpose of supporting the functioning of the committee. In addition to permitted reasons for closed sessions as listed in the Committee Best Practices Manual, the Diversity Committee may also hold closed meetings in the instances when the DC is asked to assist with a sensitive situation, with the approval of the Board Liaisons and the Board President. Minutes will be reviewed by the Board Liaisons and the President prior to publishing and will be included in the Board packet. Closed session minutes will include members present, topics discussed, and decisions made, and will be submitted to the President of the Board to hold confidentially. The OCF Board is responsible for the proper functioning of committees and may attend any committee meetings.
- All Committee reports to the Board of Directors will be included in the Board packet and delivered in the OCF Board meeting by a Board liaison or the President.
- The OCF Board continues to value collaboration and will engage with the Diversity Committee in a facilitated process to establish a working relationship to further the work of diversity, equity, inclusion, and transformative justice.
We acknowledge that the events of December 6 were damaging to this community, and we are hopeful that with these new committee processes we will embark on a new chapter of diversity work. The OCF remains committed to changing our culture to be more welcoming to diverse communities and the Board is excited to lead this effort.
- Fact Finding on Diversity Committee Actions on December 6, 2021 (Spirit)
The Board so moves that the Diversity Committee is put on hold pending a fact-finding investigation conducted by an impartial third party into the actions at the December 2021 and
January 2022 Board meetings, and other relevant events, incidents, or situations. The Board President is hereby authorized to hire professional fact-finders as deemed necessary.
The Fact-finders will deliver a report with further recommended actions to the Board, no later than the April 4th, 2022 board meeting. If the fact-finding is not complete by that date a 1-month extension will be granted.